To many, keeping a diary is a personal, and often therapeutic, routine.
- Expressive writing and wound healing in older adults: a randomized controlled trial.!
- custom watermark paper?
- You're reading?
- online mfa creative writing screenwriting!
- order a research paper online.
- cover letter for medical internship.
While sitting down to journal may help people sort through emotional and psychological issues, researchers have now found that expressive writing can also help people recover more quickly from physical injuries. In a study led by researchers in New Zealand, older adults who had undergone a biopsy were able to heal more quickly if they wrote about traumatic events and their emotions relating to those events, than other biopsy patients who simply wrote about daily activities.
The study reviewed 49 overall healthy adults, ages 64 to 97, who were all assigned to write for 20 minutes per day for three consecutive days. These wounds were photographed to mark the healing progress.
Broadbent found that 76 percent of those who had written about difficult events in an expressive manner had fully healed 11 days after the biopsies, while 42 percent of the other group had. Asta Speaks. Posted on February 4, 0. Share this: Facebook Twitter Print Email.
What You Need To Know About Writing Injuries
Like this: Like Loading Posted in: Publishing. Leave a Reply Cancel reply Enter your comment here Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:.
Email required Address never made public. Name required. Blog Stats 29, hits.
Writing to Heal: The Veterans Writing Project | BrainLine
Twitter Updates Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page. Follow Blog via Email Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Join 1, other followers Follow.
- Site Navigation?
- 2. Sleep Better By Writing in a Gratitude Journal.
- the birthmark essay on setting!
- dissertations written for you!
- 1. Make Your Treatments More Effective By Expecting Them to Work.
- How Writing Improves Your Brain and Helps You Heal - The Best Brain Possible?
- How to Heal from a Traumatic Experience | The Healthy.
Follow this blog.
Related writing can help injuries heal faster
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved